- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
Filtering content beyond the category in which you are
- Offline
- New Member
Less
More
8 years 5 days ago #7551
by
Filtering content beyond the category in which you are was created by
This issue might be a bit difficult to understand. I will try with an example:
Let's say you have a category called houses and as subcategories you have various districts like Volga, Caucasus, Ural ...
One of the additional fields defines the number of bedrooms.
In a list of all items, you set a filter to 3 bedrooms and you will now see a list of all the houses that have 3 bedrooms.
You click on one article for one house in Volga that you found in this list.
If you look at the breadcrumb line, you will see that you are now in the category houses / subcategory Volga / article name.
If you now set an additional filter (lets say central heating), the results that you will get are all from the category Volga even though you never selected Volga as a filter. You just happen to be in the subcategory of Volga.
Do you have any idea how the list can include all subcategories unless a specific subcategory was selected?
Let's say you have a category called houses and as subcategories you have various districts like Volga, Caucasus, Ural ...
One of the additional fields defines the number of bedrooms.
In a list of all items, you set a filter to 3 bedrooms and you will now see a list of all the houses that have 3 bedrooms.
You click on one article for one house in Volga that you found in this list.
If you look at the breadcrumb line, you will see that you are now in the category houses / subcategory Volga / article name.
If you now set an additional filter (lets say central heating), the results that you will get are all from the category Volga even though you never selected Volga as a filter. You just happen to be in the subcategory of Volga.
Do you have any idea how the list can include all subcategories unless a specific subcategory was selected?
Please Log in to join the conversation.
- Offline
- Admin
Less
More
- Posts: 2227
- Thank you received: 188
8 years 4 days ago #7555
by
Replied by on topic Filtering content beyond the category in which you are
Hello.
I read your post several times.
I want to say that this is a module for the fields of Joomla articles.
If I understand you correctly, do you need a filter for subcategories?
Either you want no filter by subcategories, I'm a seo filter. That is, the result of the filtering is not the URL with the selection (now it is implemented via GET but without seo capabilities).
Thank you for attention.
I read your post several times.
I want to say that this is a module for the fields of Joomla articles.
If I understand you correctly, do you need a filter for subcategories?
Either you want no filter by subcategories, I'm a seo filter. That is, the result of the filtering is not the URL with the selection (now it is implemented via GET but without seo capabilities).
Thank you for attention.
Please Log in to join the conversation.
- Offline
- New Member
Less
More
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 4 days ago #7557
by
Replied by on topic Filtering content beyond the category in which you are
Hello and thank you for your fast reply!
I am not sure if I understand you, so I will try to explain my problem again.
I have a category called houses.
I have a sub category called Volga.
I have a sub category called Caucasus.
I have an additional field called "number of rooms"
I have an additional field callled "central heating" (checkbox yes/no)
I have a page called "all houses". I created this in Menu - Category Blog - chosen category = houses. When you are on this page, the url is root/index.php/all-houses and it shows you all the houses including those in Volga and those in Caucasus.
Lets say I click on one house in Volga. My url is now root/index.php/all-houses/10-Volga/article-alias
Now I use your module to filter for houses that have 3 bedrooms.
The results I will get, will only be from Volga. The houses in Caucasus are not listed.
I hope you can follow my explanation.
I am not sure if I understand you, so I will try to explain my problem again.
I have a category called houses.
I have a sub category called Volga.
I have a sub category called Caucasus.
I have an additional field called "number of rooms"
I have an additional field callled "central heating" (checkbox yes/no)
I have a page called "all houses". I created this in Menu - Category Blog - chosen category = houses. When you are on this page, the url is root/index.php/all-houses and it shows you all the houses including those in Volga and those in Caucasus.
Lets say I click on one house in Volga. My url is now root/index.php/all-houses/10-Volga/article-alias
Now I use your module to filter for houses that have 3 bedrooms.
The results I will get, will only be from Volga. The houses in Caucasus are not listed.
I hope you can follow my explanation.
Please Log in to join the conversation.
- Offline
- Admin
Less
More
- Posts: 2227
- Thank you received: 188
8 years 4 days ago #7558
by
Replied by on topic Filtering content beyond the category in which you are
That is, you need to display the subcategory as the value of the filter?
Hmm ... but you do not think that this does not apply to the field filter. This is a different entity articles.
Hmm ... but you do not think that this does not apply to the field filter. This is a different entity articles.
Please Log in to join the conversation.
- Offline
- New Member
Less
More
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 4 days ago #7562
by
Replied by on topic Filtering content beyond the category in which you are
This message contains confidential information
Please Log in to join the conversation.
- Offline
- New Member
Less
More
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
7 years 11 months ago #7568
by
Replied by on topic Filtering content beyond the category in which you are
ok, my understanding is that the filter only works in the category in which you are.
That means that I have to put all articles in the same category.
Are there any plans to make the module/urls seo friendly?
To explain my problem:
I wanted to have urls like this:
root/houses/10-Volga
and root/houses/11-Caucasus
Instead of putting the houses in different sub-categories, I can make an additional field for the region, but when I have all articles in one category (houses), I have urls like root/houses/?jlcontentfieldsfilter[19]=10
My problem would be solved if the url would be seo friendly and look like this:
root/houses/?region=Volga
or
root/houses/?heating=yes
and so on.
That means that I have to put all articles in the same category.
Are there any plans to make the module/urls seo friendly?
To explain my problem:
I wanted to have urls like this:
root/houses/10-Volga
and root/houses/11-Caucasus
Instead of putting the houses in different sub-categories, I can make an additional field for the region, but when I have all articles in one category (houses), I have urls like root/houses/?jlcontentfieldsfilter[19]=10
My problem would be solved if the url would be seo friendly and look like this:
root/houses/?region=Volga
or
root/houses/?heating=yes
and so on.
Please Log in to join the conversation.
- Offline
- Admin
Less
More
- Posts: 2227
- Thank you received: 188
7 years 11 months ago #7582
by
Replied by on topic Filtering content beyond the category in which you are
The filter will process all subcategories of the category if the subcategories products are displayed in the root category.
As for the seo filter, there was an interest in the development, but when we announced the cost of development, it was about 800 euros, there were no people willing.
As for the seo filter, there was an interest in the development, but when we announced the cost of development, it was about 800 euros, there were no people willing.
Please Log in to join the conversation.
- Offline
- New Member
Less
More
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
7 years 11 months ago #7655
by
Replied by on topic Filtering content beyond the category in which you are
I can not pay the full 800 Euro, but I would pay a small amount for an extended version of this tool. If you offer it for 10 Euro, you only need 80 downloads to cover the cost.
Please Log in to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds